Wednesday, November 17, 2010

peanut butter bulgarian bonbons

The 'Bulgarian' bit comes from Noosh. A la Goblet of Fire, of course.

I don't think I even need to talk about how Deathly Hallows Part 1 is released tomorrow night. But I will anyway.

DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1 IS RELEASED TOMORROW NIGHT.
I CANNOT EVEN CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT.

i'll show you mine if you show me yours

Obviously I had to celebrate in the form of edible treats. And since I so conveniently own a Harry Potter cookbook, I got straight to baking when I got home from classes this evening.

Peanut Butter [Bulgarian] Bonbons. Pretty much Buckeye Balls, but there's a hint of magic in these that you won't find in ordinary Buckeye Balls.

They were in the Harry Potter cookbook, after all.


Peanut Butter Bonbons

You'll need:
  • 1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup crushed graham crackers 
  • 10 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted

In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beat peanut butter, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until creamy. Pour in crushed graham crackers and mix until well combined. Line a flat surface with parchment paper. Using your hands, roll small balls of dough, about 3/4 to 1-inch in diameter, and place them on the parchment paper. Dough should form about 30 balls. Dip each of the peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate. Let the chocolate settle completely before eating. Refrigerate.


Aw man, these things are so cute. And so tasty. So much peanut butter. They are a little sticky, to be honest. And hard to keep together. But it all looks the same when you eat it, right? Right.

I'll be taking these and some pumpkin pastries to the midnight premier tomorrow. Noosh and I will be meeting up with my cousins and Yusra, as we've done for the past 6 movies.

Oh yes. Driving about 90 miles to the theater close to my parents' house, just to watch this movie.

I am that obsessed with this franchise. To be fair though, it did pretty much define my childhood. This and Pokemon, but that's besides the point.

noosh giving me a hand with the bonbons [pun intended]

Oh man. 12 hours and 35 minutes until the premier. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Nooooot exaggerating.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for reading!
I'd love to hear your thoughts :)